UK Stock Market Awards Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. The 'Win an iPad 2' (16GB with Wi-Fi) prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
2. Employees of AJ Bell Media Ltd its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize draw may not enter the Prize draw.
3. By entering the Prize draw you are accepting these terms and conditions.
4. To enter the Prize draw, you must fill in your details as requested above and click the 'Submit' button. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize draw, please e-mail us at email@example.com with "Win an iPad 2" in the subject line.
5. Only one entry is permitted per person.
6. The closing date and time of the Prize draw is Midnight on 12th January 2017. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
7. One winner will be drawn at random and will win an Apple iPad 2, Wi-Fi, 16GB.
8. The winners will be notified by AJ Bell Media Ltd by email within one month of the closing date for entries. If a winner does not respond to AJ Bell Media Ltd within 7 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and AJ Bell Media Ltd shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the email from AJ Bell Media Ltd within 7 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and AJ Bell Media Ltd shall be entitled to select another winner.
9. The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prize. You must pay all other costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
10. We retain the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
11. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
12. No purchase is necessary.
13. By entering the prize draw competition, each winner is consenting to taking part in any publicity that may accompany or result from this promotion
14. The Promoter of the Prize draw is AJ Bell Media Limited whose address is 49 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HH.
15. The Prize draw will be governed by English law.
General Terms and Conditions of Website Use
These General Terms and Conditions, together with the documents referred to below (the Agreement) tells you the terms and conditions on which you may make use of the UKStockmarketAwards.com Website (the Website) . If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement you must not use the Website.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
1. Information about Us
The Website is operated by AJ Bell Media Limited. We are a company registered in England and and with its registered office and trading address at 49 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HH.
Our preferred means of communication is by email. Should you wish to email us, you can do so at firstname.lastname@example.org Should you wish to fax us, you can do so on: +44(0) 207 407 3065 . For all postal communications with us kindly address any correspondence to our trading address as stated above.
2. Access to the Website
We permit you to access the Website on a temporary basis but we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services and information available on the Website (collectively the "Services"). The final decision rests solely with AJ Bell Media ltd.
We may use your registration details to tell you about changes to our site and let you know about our Services and those of companies within the AJ Bell Media Ltd If you do not wish to receive this information can remove yourself from the mailing lists by email email@example.com.
3. Information about you and your visits to the Website
4. Uploading material to the Website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to the Website or to make contact with other users of the Website you must comply with our Content Standards. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards and you agree to indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
5. Investment Warning
The Website and the Services are:
(i) only provided for your general information and use and are not intended to cater for your particular requirements; and
(ii) not intended to be relied upon by you in making or not making any investment decisions. If in doubt please seek independent financial advice.
The price of shares and investments and the income derived from them can go down as well as up, and investors may not get back the amount they invested. Past performance cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
6. Rights in this Website
We own or are the authorised licensee of the copyrights and other intellectual property rights in the Website and the Services. The Website and the Services are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
The Website and the Services may not be reproduced, copied, downloaded, used, linked to, or exploited in any way except as specifically provided and permitted by this Agreement or as expressly agreed in writing by us.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Website and the Services solely for your own personal or internal purposes. You acknowledge that the Services, and your use and interpretation of such services, requires skill and judgment for which you shall be solely responsible. You further acknowledge that you shall be solely responsible for all opinions, forecasts, recommendations and other comments made or action taken by you based wholly or partly on the Services.
We reserve the right to suspend your access to any part of the Website and/or the Services should we become aware of any regulation, claim, condition or restriction in any part of the world which requires us to do so or which exposes us to any claim of liability or claim if we do not do so.
You shall promptly notify us of any unauthorised use of the Website and/or the Services or any actual or suspected infringement of any of the intellectual property rights in the Website and/or the Services of which you become aware.
You may link to the home page of the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Website must not be framed on any other website, nor should you establish a link to any part of the Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Website contains links to various websites and other resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that you may suffer in connection with your use of them.
10. Liability & Disclaimer
The Website and the Services are supplied to you on an IF AVAILABLE basis and we expressly disclaim and exclude all warranties, conditions, representations and terms, whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise with respect to the Website and/or the Services including, without limitation, as to the accuracy or completeness of the Website and/or the Services, as to whether the Website and/or the Services are up to date and as to the condition of the Services. We make no warranty that the Website and/or the Services are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties.
We hereby exclude all liability for any claim, loss, demands or damages of any kind whatsoever (whether such claims, loss, demands or damages were foreseeable, known or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use the Website and/or the Services, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of revenue; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of anticipated savings; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of damage to or corruption of data; loss of use of money or otherwise, and whether or not advised of the possibility of such claim, loss demand or damages and whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise to the fullest extent to which such liability may be excluded or avoided by law.
Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence (or that of our employees, agents or directors); (ii) fraud; or (iii) any liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
You warrant and undertake not to use the Website or the Services in connection with any unlawful or illegal purpose, or so as to bring MoneyAM Limited or its business, products or services into disrepute. You also warrant not to use the site with any automated page retrieval tool.
You agree to indemnify us against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees) arising out of your misuse of the Website, any linked website and/or the Services.
You may terminate this Agreement at any given time, which may be communicated to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that you should choose to cancel this.
Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason (including termination of any free trial), you shall immediately discontinue use of the Website and the Services.
The restrictions set out in this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement for any reason.
12. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by English law and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
AJ Bell Media Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") the data controller is MoneyAM Limited of 49 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HH.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of voting in the Awards categories. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
2. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is data about our users. browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer.s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:-
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests;
- to recognise you when you return to the Website.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
3. Where we store your personal data and Security
Personal information that you may supply to us is stored in a password-protected format to prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the data. As mentioned above, your credit card number is not stored on our server.
Unfortunately no transmission of data via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, whilst we are committed to continued best efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Upon receipt of your transmitted personal data we promise to use best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Please note that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on-line on the internet (for example on message boards, through e-mail, or in chat areas), that information can potentially be collected and used by others without you necessarily knowing about it. Therefore, where you provide personal data on line that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited communication from others in return.
4. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with the Services/offer from AJ Bell Media Ltd and its subsidiaries which we feel may interest you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to the Services.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the UK Company Act 1985.
We may not disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if AJ Bell Media Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will of course be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of AJ Bell Media Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
5. Your rights
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at: MoneyAM Limited, 49 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HH or email email@example.com
6. Access to information